Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Can't Bear to Eat Christmas Sugar Cookies


Christmas Sugar Cookies
Welcome to December! The holiday season is in full swing at my house. Baking and sharing cookies is a wonderful way to show how thankful we are for the special people in our lives. The last few weeks, I’ve been busy whipping up batch after batch of my favorite holiday treats for my clients and to share with people I love. While I might be picky about what kinds of sweets I make, I’m obsessed with a good and beautiful Christmas cookie.

Sugar Cookie Template

When I began my cookie adventure, I only used cookie cutters to get my shapes. I didn't know much about how to hand cut cookie dough or using different cookie cutters to obtain the shapes I wanted. It was driving me crazy because everything I saw, I wanted to make into a cookie.

The world is full of cookie inspiration but unfortunately, they didn't make a cutter for everything we see. I have learned with a little practice and a freezer, we can cut any shape we need.

This cookie couldn’t be simpler to make. Even if you don’t consider yourself a “baker” you could make these with ease. With less than five ingredients, it’s one of those things that can be whipped together in mid-November, then kept in an airtight container until you’re ready to enjoy.

Cute Sugar Cookies

I also like to keep a batch on hand during the holidays in case we have friends stop over for an evening cocktail and we want a little nibble. Moreover, if you’re like us, and you’re family and friends live all over the country, these cookies are the perfect holiday gift to send through the mail. Because of their consistency, they hold their shape and ship beautifully.

Royal Icing Sugar Cookies

After several weeks of hard work, I think it is time to rest. A little mid-afternoon indulgence, enjoy my cute christmas cookie with a cup of tea. Have a great holiday everyone... Hope you all have a nice break!

luv, Sandra


No comments:

Post a Comment

2 Minutes Microwave Moist Chocolate Mug Cake

If there's anything on the earth that can bring a smile faster than a piece of cake, it's a cake you can make in five minutes. ...